Sunday, November 15, 2009

Elmer's Glue & Website Marketing

So, my wife started a new night job recently where she is working until 6am in the morning. She gets home around 6:30AM and the kids were still asleep as was I when she got here this Sunday morning. I got up, made the kids something to eat and then went upstairs to check emails and do my daily website marketing routine for my websites.

Well, when I decided to take a break, (which just so happened to be when my 7 year old son was yelling out something) I came downstairs to find glue all over my 42" plasma TV! Well, what happened is that my 3 year old son found a bottle of good old Elmer's Glue and decided to smear it all over the TV and furniture around the living room! Good times!

My wife is gonna freak when she wakes up! I just spent the last hour cleaning up the mess (yes it has taken me that long.) I learned that on some surfaces it is easier to let the glue dry and then peel it off, instead of smearing around wet glue, a little tip I learned from doing a search on Google and thank God it appears as if I'm not the first one to experience this.

I sure love me kids, but it's easy to freak out during moments like this! But I've got to take a step back and realize that the little man is only 3. I shouldn't have left him by himself long enough to do that! I thought my 7 year old and him would stay entertained with the activities I started them on (no those activities had nothing to do with glue) but he's only 7, I can't blame him.

Instead of getting all upset, I did calm down and then explain to the kids why this in not good behavior! I obviously have to take the responsibility here because it happened on my watch. Lesson learned...I cannot yet leave the kids alone for too long and be upstairs working...I need to transfer my website marketing work to my laptop and hang out around the kids so that this kind of craziness doesn't happen again! I sure am getting my payback from the things I did to my parents!

Scott
Pensacola Website Design

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home