Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Screen Resolution Issues

Today my partner and I were going back and forth over screen resolution used by people who view our websites on the Internet. We have looked at different studies as well as our own data to determine what screen resolution or pixel size that people are using to browse the Internet.

When designing a website it is very important to take into consideration many factors, one of which includes how your website is going to appear under different screen resolutions. What might look good to you on your computer, may look bad to a different person who's computer is set at a different resolution.

Okay, for example: The data for one of my website that gets 100% natural search engine traffic, 87% of which is directly from Google, shows me that aproximately 38% are viewing it at 1280 X 1024, about 33% view it at 1024 X 768, the rest of the 29% are a mix of 800 X 600, 1152 X 864, 1600 X 1200.

Fritz was working on the web design of a site and I was on my laptop (which is at 1268 X 1024) checking it out. I told him it looks great. However, later on I went to my upstairs computer, which is at 1024 X 768 and the site looked "too wide". I sent Fritz and email to let him know what I thought. We then looked at and re-analyzed our website traffic information and determined that some small changes were in order.

Even though we have been doing this a long time (web design & marketing) sometimes we get ahead of ourselves and miss something, but that we always end up catching it sooner rather than later and that is why we are a good team. When designing a website there are many different things that you need to take into consideration to make sure that the end result is a professional, pleasant looking site that people love to come back to.

Scott
Pensacola Website Design

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home